It is the policy of TADA! to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender, and to maintain an environment free of harassment or retaliation as required by law. No phone calls please. EOE.
Fall Education Assistant Apprentice – Deadline: Friday, August 3rd
Education Teaching Artists (MUSIC DIRECTORS ONLY)- Deadline: Wednesday, August 15th
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Katy Knowles, Director of Education at email@example.com as well as complete the TADA! Teaching Artists application (see link below).
TADA! Teaching Artist Application: https://goo.gl/
Key Responsibilities of the Teaching Artist:
- TADA!’s model of Team-Teaching (Director/Choreographer and Music Director) allows TADA! TAs the valuable opportunity to support one another while providing students with the experience of observing cooperative teaching. TADA! TAs should work collaboratively and be able to convey clear, concise ideas and concepts to students of all ages.
- TAs are jointly responsible for developing the syllabus for classes, utilizing a minimum of two original songs from the TADA! library, not including the TADA! theme song.
- TAs should keep in mind that the goals for TADA! classes and camps are process as well as product-based. The objective is for the kids to engage in the creative process and present the best work possible within their
- All TAs will participate in all theater games, warm-ups and exercises. (Note: Students should see Teaching Artists working together and valuing the exercises.)
- Teaching Artists are to present a united front and equally share the responsibility in providing classroom management and support. If needed, TAs will contact the Education Department for useful behavioral tools that encourage students to focus and maintain on-task behavior.
Music Directors are responsible for:
- Select songs that reflect the class theme and obtaining the music (either at TADA! or from your own source)
- Working on vocal sound; shape lyrics and/or develop solo/duet/trio work; emphasis on good enunciation, projection, and matching of pitch should be made.
- Fully preparing and being familiar with songs you teach and accompany on the piano; this greatly affects the success of the class (e.g., singing and choreography).
- Clear PICK UPS & CUT OFFS in the songs (e.g., teaching students to use consonants at ends of words for clear cut offs).
- Being aware of the key that the song is written in and what your kids can do. If needed, transpose songs to more appropriate keys (e.g., write chord symbols above existing key).
TADA!’s internship program offers students a hands-on opportunity to learn about the operations of a renowned youth theater and arts education organization. We are always looking for smart, motivated people to join our team. Send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you’re interested in TADA!. College and graduate student interns can arrange to receive credit and may choose to complete a project in conjunction with their internship with the approval of TADA!’s management and we can work around your class schedule. Stipends may be available and we can assist with college credit. Please note TADA! does not provide housing for interns.
Education Fall Teaching Assistants: TADA! is currently seeking Education Fall Teaching Assistants to support TADA!’s renowned arts education programs. Assistants provide support through direct opportunities to assist Teaching Artists in the classroom. In addition to providing hands-on support and observation of our Education Programs, teaching assistants will learn how to create, manage, and produce effective theater programming for youth. Assistants are expected to have a commitment to theater and education, be well-organized, have strong attention to detail, and commit to a consistent weekly schedule from September 17th, 2018 – December 17th, 2018 . College credit and fieldwork hours available. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to EG Engle, Education Programs Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. To see the job description for Fall Teaching Assistants click here .
Development Intern: TADA! Youth Theater is seeking interns in the Development Department. This position will provide intense, hands-on experience in all facets of the most lucrative side of arts administration: fundraising. Day-to-day activities will include grant writing, database management, research and special event planning tasks. The intern will leave the organization job-ready with well-rounded skills and a portfolio of projects they guided from start to finish. Candidates should have completed at least three years of undergraduate study in any arts or humanities subject; and show initiative, computer savvy, dedication, multitasking skills as well as a sense of humor. Candidates should also have 15-20 hours available for work and a willingness to stay for a minimum of 4-6 months. Interested candidates should email resume and a brief cover letter to LTalbot@tadatheater.com
Events Intern: TADA! is seeking interns to assist in the planning and management of various events that place throughout the course of the year including our Casino Night, Dance-A-Thon, and Annual Gala among others. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized self-starter who is comfortable taking on a wide variety of tasks. Responsibilities may include mailing invitations, event promotion, collecting RSVPs, processing payments, soliciting auction donations and ad sales, among others. The interns will also work on site at all events to assist with event management. Event interns are needed from November-June, but scheduling is flexible based on the needs of the event. Candidates should have availability between 10am and 6pm Monday-Friday, as well as the ability to work some nights and weekends. Interested candidates should email resume and a brief cover letter to LTalbot@tadatheater.com.
Social Media Intern: TADA! is seeking interns looking to gain experience in social media managing and the nonprofit sector! We are looking for someone who is energized, creative, and can help us maintain our presence via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Candidates should have experience in various social media platforms and an interest in theater and/or nonprofit management. Hours are negotiable and scheduling is flexible. Interested candidates should email resume and a brief cover letter to LTalbot@tadatheater.com.
Graphic Design Intern: TADA! is seeking interns who excel in all things design. We are looking for someone who can assist in creating postcards, brochures, social media content, e-blasts, and much more. You will gain valuable experience in graphic design and marketing and create pieces that can be added to your portfolio of work. The ideal candidate will be well versed in Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and example of your work to LTalbot@tadatheater.com.
Marketing Intern: TADA! Youth Theater is seeking interns in the Marketing & Press Department. This position will provide an intense look into the world of non-profit marketing. Day-to-day activities will include but are not limited to social media, partnership outreach, press outreach, research, developing marketing strategies and more. Candidates need to have strong people skills, be comfortable on the phone, be a self-starter, able to multi-task, have a sense of humor and have a genuine interest in the field of marketing and press. Hours are negotiable, but a minimum of 10-15 hours a week with a 4-month commitment is needed. Interested candidates should email their resume and a brief cover letter to LTalbot@tadatheater.com.
Assistant Stage Manager/Production Assistant: The Assistant Stage Manager (ASM)/Production Assistant works closely with and assists the Production Stage Manager with all of her/his duties. This includes but is not limited to: attending all production meetings, rehearsals, technical rehearsals and performances, helping gather/track props, running the deck during technical rehearsals and performances, as wells working very closely with the cast of young actors. The ASM should set an example in punctuality and professionalism and it is important the ASM is flexible and takes initiative. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Ashley Knowles, email@example.com.